Monday, February 24, 2014

a thank you

I forgot to post this a week or so ago. It's too sweet not to share.


The story behind this is quite simple. Gavin thinks Steve is SO cool. He will watch this video over and over and over again. If you haven't watched it before, please do, it's a good one. We watch it in the car, dance to it in the living room and even watch it in the bed at bedtime. Last year when Gavin started preschool he was shocked to see that Steve's son is in Gavin's preschool class. This year again the boys are in the same classroom and Gavin says they're besties, (among many others).

A week or two ago at preschool they were talking about the post office and how it all works. One day Gavin came home and told me he sent a letter to Steve. I quickly brushed it off because I doubted that Mrs Julie would send it out. To be honest I have no idea how it was sent or if it went home with Steve's son, but he got it.

A week or two later Gavin was overjoyed to get a letter in the mail and was SO excited when I read him the letter out loud. He was even happier when I told him it was from Steve. It was adorable. Plus, a DQ gift card? Wow, now that's cool. It is still sitting on Gavs bulletin board and he refuses to spend his DQ card. He has shared the story with so many people I'm sure they're sick of hearing about it.

It still makes my day to see my little boy so excited about it. And it was so sweet of Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment